Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good to know



Thoughts about myself two years ago from a post on a blog that I no longer author. It was then, and still is, good to know.

In the shower this morning, I was thinking about my life and more specifically the last two years of it. If I were gone tomorrow someone might ask, “Who was she and what was she like?” I believe that my friends and (some) members of my family would have a clear answer to give and good stories to tell. That being said, I really got to thinking and had to ask myself, “Who are you?” I could compose a lofty and important sounding description to make myself seem much more than I am but I am not lofty or important. I could write simple and self-deprecating prose to present myself as humble but I am never simple and often not humble. I decided that I should think of small things that are indicative of what I am and what I would like to be and I’ve included some here.

I have been alive for 38 (now 40) years. I know where I came from, where I want to be, and where I’m going when I die. I prefer both my hair and my fingernails short and I don’t get manicures or have my toes “done”. I do not wear make up everyday. I have contact lenses but I like to wear my glasses. I am honest. I am sensitive. I am fragile. I am brave. I am reserved. I am intelligent AND clever. I am loving. I am not shy. I like to listen more than talk. I have a great sense of humor and I know it. I love rain. I enjoy quietness. I have experienced joy. I understand awe. I have so many ideas in my brain—things to create, photos to capture, thoughts to write about, places to travel, foods to eat, people to enjoy, music to listen to, experiences to discover—that it often overwhelms me. I lead better than I follow. Life is painfully beautiful in the best ways. I am thankful.

“No one ever became wise by accident.” ~Anonymous

Image via Pfeiffer Photos, copyright 2009.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that you know who you are. A wise woman indeed!

Cheers!
http://juliemagerssoulen.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Our friends said: