The book is divided into sections by each 'land' within Disneyland, and then separated further by the level of difficulty of the questions. I thought it might be fun to make this an occasional feature for those of you among us that are also lover's of the land that Uncle Walt built.
Answer the questions below by leaving a comment. Contest is open until next Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. The person who answers the most questions correctly will win a set of our note cards featuring random images from Disneyland photographed by yours truly!
Let's give it a go, shall we? Since the first area you encounter upon entry to Disneyland is Main Street, U.S.A., we'll start there as well...
MAIN STREET, U.S.A.
1. Main Street, U.S.A. is based on Walt's hometown. What is that often-mentioned town?
a. Marceline, Missouri
b. Manchester, Missouri
c. Marionville, Missouri
d. Marquand, Missouri
2. What is the largest shop at Disneyland?
b. Disney Showcase
c. Disney Clothiers
3. What is the name of the statue in the middle of the Central Plaza at the hub of Disneyland near the end of Main Street?
4. Approximately how long is the Disneyland Railroad track?
a. 0.5 miles
b. 1.5 miles
c. 2.5 miles
d. 3.5 miles
e. 4.5 miles
f. 5.5 miles
5. What kind of music plays on Main Street?
a. Showtunes and jazz
b. Country and western
c. Ragtime and showtunes
d. Swing and jazz
e. Mambo and new age
f. Salsa and swing
6. Which corporate sponsors on Main Street have been there since the Park opening? (hint: there are only 2)
Have fun and thanks for playing along!
Images 1-4 and 6 via Flickr - Joe Penniston aka Disney Joe, 2009. Image 5 - Pfeiffer Photos, 2008-2009.