Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Things: Happy Anniversary to Us!

One week and one day ago marked the second year of our marriage. Happy Anniversary to us!


Our story is simple. We met in 2000 at work. Chris was working for a legal services company, and I was hired to work in another department in the same office. We became friends at work and after awhile both thought about becoming more but at that time it wasn't meant to be. Two years later, we had both moved on in our lives and had new jobs, we connected again as friends and started spending most of our free time together. A year later we were officially a couple, two more years and we got engaged, then we married on 12.10.06. Phew!


Weddings are always a happy time; ours was no exception. The photos in this post offer you a glimpse of the festivities of our day.



We had a short list of priorities: #1 - Superb Photography, #2 - Memorable Music, #3 - Delish Cake, #4 - Great Locale. Note that my dress was not on the list. I love my dress (what bride doesn't?) but I knew I didn't need to fork over a fortune to look and feel divine!


I am thankful that we both married in the middle of our lives (I at 37, he at 42), and that we were friends for plenty of time before we were anything more. We're a classic case of opposites attract. If we were a movie, we'd be filed under "screwball comedy".



Sometimes other people know you a bit better than you know yourself. Our friend, Aaron, summed it up early in our acquaintance by stating, "With you two it's not so much a matter of IF, but more a matter of WHEN".



We are happy that our WHEN is NOW.


P.S. If you have a Facebook account you can view more of our wedding photos on my page. Click Photos, then C&T-The Wedding Album. Go ahead, add me as your friend and I will return the favor.


all photos in this post copyright Nicole Wickens Photography 2006. Visit her studio blog to see more of her work...you'll be glad you did!

8 comments:

Little Gray Pixel said...

Your dress is spectacular! Did the dress inspire the cake or the cake inspire the dress? Do tell!

Angie said...

What a lovely day. Congrats on your anniversary.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

V.Morsse: Thank you--I felt like Audrey Hepburn in the movie Sabrina! Funny you ask about the dress vs. cake because we were originally going with autumn colors for everything until I found this dress. The entire theme of the wedding changed--and the cake was decorated custom--around my special dress. It's also not white (which makes me look even more pale) but IVORY with the black appliqued lace. The black faux fur jacket and elbow length gloves were a must! Very hard, however, to find wedding jewelry in the color black...took me longer to find my tiara and jewelry than anything else in the ensemble. So worth it in the end! ;-)

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Angie: Thank you very much and for stopping by the blog!

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Oh, what heavenly photos! Everything about them is perfect. You are an enchantress on your wedding day! I love the gloves. Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of your story with us!

Wishing you both a lifetime of love, laughter, good health and prosperity...

Vintage Roadside said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Here's to many, many more!

Amanda Conley said...

Happy anniversary!

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary!! Ours in 12/16 and I just think December weddings are so gorgeous and different. Beautiful photos.

Post a Comment

Our friends said: