Friday, May 7, 2010
* 2 pounds steelhead fillets
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used a fresh-squeezed tangerine)
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used a pinch of red chili flakes)
* 1/4 cup barbeque sauce (I like Trader Joe's organic BBQ sauce)
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
2. Arrange the trout fillets on large piece of aluminum foil. Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, paprika, and cayenne pepper; brush the mixture onto the fillets.
3. Cook on the preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes; brush the fillets with the barbeque sauce; cook another 2 minutes.
Alternative cooking method ::
I made this last week by pouring the marinade over the fillets and broiling in my oven for 9 minutes. Served mine with Jasmine rice and sauteed fresh green beans--so very good!
Image via, recipe via.