Friday, April 30, 2010

Baby, I'm a Fool



You all know I love Jazz. While listening to Internet radio (love it!) today I discovered a gem of a vocalist--the lovely Melody Gardot.

Every artist has a story. Melody's is at the heart of her music. When she was 19, Melody was hit by a car. During her recovery she used music as a form of therapy, even recording and releasing tracks while still in the hospital. Once out, she started playing around Philadelphia. Before long Universal Records signed her. Her first full-length album, Worrisome Heart, displayed her gift for transforming the traditions of jazz and blues with her intimate and personal sound.

Why haven't I heard of this gal before now? No matter, she is amazing. The song is, "Baby, I'm A Fool", the video is retro-noir-sexy and not available to embed on blogs so please, do visit the link and indulge!
As for me...iTunes, here I come.

Happy Weekend, Readers!

Image via, artist info via.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our friends said: